Why This Room Caught My Eye

 
I am a big fan of the String shelving system. So far I have always seen it in living rooms or home offices. But never in a kitchen - until I've spotted the above shown picture.
 

A String shelving system for the kitchen? I'd say oh yes! Well, I could definitely live with this kitchen concept (I keep repeating: If I had a decent kitchen), but for the time being I can just indulge in this photography and here's what caught my eye:
  • String Shelving: Well of course the most obvious first - the incredibly cool and stylish String shelving. I really love it cause it's a sort of design understatement. It is simple, unostentatious, sleek and rather sophisticated. Definitely a cool choice - even for the kitchen!
  • Industrial Pendant: This low-hanging, black glossy industrial pendant is a perfect match for the shelving system made of wood and white metal strings. It adds a certain urban vibe to the setting.
  • Bistro Chairs: These seem just perfect here - they catch up the pendant's black color and seem to counteract the rather modern shelving system by recalling the timelessness of old Parisian bistros and brasseries - a visual delight!
 
 
What caught your eye? What's your opinion on the String shelving?
 

No comments: