Why This Room Caught My Eye

 
This room belongs to the home of Australian blogger Kirsty Davey. This room caught my eye because of its calming serenity and pureness. It is somehow simple yet totally refined.
 
But let me break it down to three major visual cues:
 
  • Ethnic wall hanging: The decorative centerpiece is the ethnic wall hanging above the bed. Being almost the only decorative element, it strikes the visitor's eye with its dominating size, pattern, texture and earthy colors which perfectly match the wood used in this room.
  • Rubber tree: The second decorative element is the rubber tree. I am a huge fan of plants in homes and the rubber tree is a fabulous, sculptural plant to add to a room. Moreover, it reminds me of my childhood. My mother used to have several rubber trees in our home. 
  • All white bedding: Even though I love colours and patterns, sometimes an all white bed is strikingly stylish and super inviting. The crisp white sheets recall the serenity of a good night's sleep and the happiness of waking up with the sunrays peeking through the window. Simple bliss!

What caught your eye in this room? Do you like it or is it too 'simple' for you?
 

No comments: