Why This Room Caught My Eye

 
The cold temperatures and grey skies gave me a lot of time to restyle my home and bring in a spring spirit with colors, textures, patterns, and botanicals. So this week I am sharing a very spring inspired room with you.
 
Notice the use of those styling elements in this room - it really works well together and makes the place look styled but not completely contrived.

  • Pattern: The pattern of this cushion works perfectly to create interest and the colors in it mirror the dominating color palette.
  • Texture: The added sheep skin makes the sofa nook very homey and snuggly. Varying textures are key to a great and appealing interior styling.
  • Color: I am a color lover, you know that. And here the color palette is dominated by the coral hue of the stool/coffee table and the mint hues of the shutter, the chest of drawers and the cushion. It makes spring almost tangible, don't you agree?
 
What caught your eye instantly in this room?

No comments: